RESUMPTION OF IN-PERSON WORSHIP
We pray this note finds you healthy and whole, both in body and spirit. We are taking the following precautions:
- We are worshiping in the church’s fellowship hall during July. The doors will be opened at 10:45am. We ask that members come to the north and south-east doors for worship.
- When you come in, a member will collect your contact information so that contact tracing may occur in the event that someone in attendance is diagnosed with COVID-19.
- We ask that everyone wear masks and maintain social distancing of 6-feet from those you do not reside with.
- We have suspended singing during our services. Weather permitting, following worship we will gather outside to sing a few hymns, still maintaining social distancing recommendations.
- Following worship we encourage fellowship time out of doors where it is safer while still keeping socially distanced.
While we have begun in-person worship again, the Session wishes to stress that our desire to worship and be with one another is not the only faith-filled way of being a part of the church. One of our foundational principles is freedom of conscience. We respect and honor those who choose to attend in-person and those who participate through our continued online services. It is important for everyone to know that we are not pressuring people to come if they feel like it is unsafe. We speak of our worship space as a sanctuary, a safe space, a holy place. If coming together makes you feel unsafe, then we encourage you to wait until you feel it is safe. Regardless of whether we are together in each other’s presence, or together separately, nothing is able to separate us from the love of God in Jesus Christ (Romans 8:39).
In the meantime, we pray for health and safety for everyone at OPPC, the U.S., and the world as we strive through these difficult times together.
May Christ’s peace be with you,
The Session of Overland Park Presbyterian Church
About Overland Park Presbyterian Church
Overland Park Presbyterian Church is a place where we affirm the following for those in Overland Park, Johnson County, and Kansas City:
Because God is love, God calls us to create a community that is open and accepting. We do this by meeting the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of our neighborhood.
Overland Park Presbyterian Church is a member of PC(USA). We are an inter-generational congregation with both older and younger members and know that we are incomplete without each other. We believe that God has called us to be together, and we invite you to come explore life, faith, and all the messiness that it entails as we seek God’s kingdom here on earth.